Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 December 2011

Sniffling in Seminyak

Hi Kids,

Hope everyone is having a great week and you're all geared up for Christmas. Bali Chick is........... OK. To tell you the truth, I've kind of hit a giant wall these past few days. My stupid cold came back. Again! I think it's the weird temperature fluctuations...... getting sweaty or wet from the rain, and then sitting in front of a cool fan. I've been consuming garlic like crazy, drinking tons of fluids and sleeping as much as I can. Just riding the virus wave. It's all you can do, right?

That aside..... money worries. I think we all have some money worries around this time of the year. I can't really find any regular work here. I've had a few dj gigs here and there, which were awesome, but really nothing consistent has come along. Between blowing my nose and crying a few tears, I'm living in a pile of tissues and mosquito coils. I'm sick, I'm broke and I'm lonely. Sure, I'm surrounded with ridiculous amounts of love from back in Vancouver. I've got my amazing close friends and my best friend / boyfriend on Skype.... but it's not the same, you know? Somebody hug me already!!!!!!

Growth is about knocking down the obstacles that life throws at you. It's about the sunshine that comes after the storm. I KNOW good stuff is right around the corner. Life, and human emotions, come in waves. Just like the ebb and flow of the ocean, it is an imperfect-perfection. If life was predictable and easy, it wouldn't be worth it.

I've just got to keep plugging away at it, as my Mum would say. Sending emails, networking, trying, doing, making, believing, writing. I've got to keep "putting out feelers" ( another Mum quote ) and turning my tears and loneliness into ammunition to kick some ass. I've submitted my blog to a bunch of blog search engines and have been receiving the most wonderful letters of good vibes and encouragement from all sorts of people. Thank you all, so much. Just gotta keep trucking away!

It's Friday tomorrow. The day before Christmas Eve. I don't really have any plans for the Christmas weekend. At first I thought I would spend the day on the beach, which by all means sounds lovely, but at the end of the day... Christmas is about giving and Christmas is about the kids. I've emailed an orphanage in Bali to see if they want to have me come hang out and volunteer on Christmas Day. I know that would make me feel good. More importantly, it would make some kids feel good and I would make some new friends ❤

Peace out. Time for me to have some more ginger tea and soup, then sleep another 12 hours. I'm seriously a sleeping champion when I put my mind to it ;)

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you are not well kate. horrible to feel like that in such a beautiful place. have a good sleep. things will look brighter tomorrow
    lee-anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I would love to visit you in february! Myself and another Canadian girl are going to be there for a few months, so hopefully we can coordinate at some point :)

    I really hope you start feeling better soon... but i can't imagine a better place to deal with a cold ;)

    have a lovely christmas, kate!

    ReplyDelete