Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Pondok Pitaya in Balian Beach

I've spent the last 2 nights in the incredibly chilled out Balian Beach, which is about an hour west of Kuta. There was a cyclone, the whole time.... so I did a lot of reading. Regardless, being surrounded by rice fields and rolling hills dotted with palms was calming and inspiring. Because of the weather, there weren't many people there. I am told that when it is sunny, it is a bustling little surf beach town.

I stayed just up the road from Pondok Pitaya, but ate all my meals at this lovely hotel on the beach. Excellent service, free wifi, very affordable prices and delicious smoothies. The place I stayed up the road called Balian Segara which was $12 a night in a bungalow. Just lovely.

I am back in the the "Kuta chaos" now, and can't wait to get back to green! It's noisy, loud, crowded and busy here. Looking forward to spending the next week or so in Ubud with my parents, who arrive tomorrow. I am so excited to see them, explore the island and check out some little fishing villages up north.

I'm starting to develop my website: www.balichick.com where I will transfer all my blog posts, and then the real work begins with sections, finding affiliates and advertisers and posting my photos and videos. Very excited!!

Lots of Love, Kate ( Bali Chick )

Click to see website for Pondok Pitaya :  www.baliansurf.com

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog and I absolutely love it! I tend to read it in bed before I go to sleep. So relaxing to envision being in Bali.

    Instead of moving all of your posts to the new website, why not just move the web address (balichick.com) to the blog? Everything will stay the same, only the web address will change from blogspot to your new web link. Nothing gets lost. Super easy :)

    ReplyDelete