Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Thunder Storms, Ginger Tea and 3 Strokes of Good Luck ❤

I spent the good part of the day in bed, drifting in and out of sleep and basking in uncomfortable cold sweats. Lovely. Most likely food poisoning. The rains came this afternoon and the lightning crackled and the thunder boomed. I nursed myself back to health with some comforting ginger tea.

My luck took a change for the better when I checked my email at 5pm and received a very positive email from a lovely friend. I then had the energy to take a walk up to the rice fields. Heading home, I stopped at a restaurant where my parents and I have eaten a few times, owned by a delightful couple. The husband had told me his friend had a room for rent, so right then and there he took me to his nephews house to show me the apartment. It is absolutely perfect.

The room is on the second level with a view of palms and the main part of Ubud. A huge bed with beautiful white Balinese fabric hung from the ceiling. A fancy way to say "mosquito netting". The bathroom is brand new and has a BATH! There is a TON of closet space, a fan and even a beautiful terrace out the front with a table and two chairs overlooking the gardens below. I am taking it. So happy.

My third bit of "luck". I have been given a puppy! I spotted her wandering aimlessly in the busy road and scooped her up into my arms. A whole family came out to greet me. A man, two women both with babies on their hips, and three little girls. One of the women looked at me and the little black puppy licking my face..... "You like her?" I nodded. "You have! Free gift!", she said with a beaming smile. I said thank you and that I would have to sleep on it. But really, how can I say no?! At least we can give each other love for the next few months, and she will be safe with me and not running around on the street!

Off to have a beer with my Ubudian friend "Bop". I ❤ Ubud.

No comments:

Post a Comment