Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 January 2012

The Winds Of Change ❤

Hello Everyone!

I've been slacking on the posts this week, but I put up a soul-baring video of myself the other day, so hopefully you can forgive me.

It's Saturday morning and change is in the air. The winds of change have been literally blowing all week actually. It was the Chinese New Year and also the Lunar New Year. I feel it and am taking action in my own life.

Today I move into my new little apartment. I've been packing and un-packing my suitcase for 8 weeks now, bouncing from place to place every few weeks. Today, I unpack and will set up in a actual "home". From the moment I walked into the new room, it felt perfect. The energy and feng shui was warm, positive and inviting. I am very excited to set up my cherished belongings on the dresser in my new room: pictures, cards, shells, jewelry and presents from my dear friends. My little "Bali Shrine of Love."

I've even got half a coconut husk to add to the mix. My first Bali coconut. I woke just before 7am yesterday morning, threw on a dress and my sunglasses and headed out the door. My Mum had told me about a beautiful walk through the rice fields, and what better time to do it than in the quiet hours of the morning.

A perfect path winding through palm trees, with rice fields on either side, lay before me. So absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I am settled with the puppy and can take her up there in the mornings.

Along my walk, I passed a man who was standing by a small hut, filled with coconuts. He offered me one. 10,000 rupiah. A dollar. Yes! I was thirsty. The man grinned from ear to ear as he took his machete to a young green coconut. Toothless, I might add. Placing a straw in it, he passed it to me. I drank. Pure, sweet, organic, blissful goodness. I sat with my giant coconut and watched the sunrise over the rice fields.

It was a moment of pure happiness. This is why I left Vancouver. This is why I never felt right in my 9-5 office job downtown. This is why I went out the back of the building and smoked and looked up at the concrete and metal and thought to myself "I don't belong here. I belong somewhere else". This is why I ditched the guy back in June. We were so incompatible. What was I thinking?

This is why I bought a plane ticket and boarded a plane on November 30th. This is freedom. This is adventure. This is living my truth and living my choices. I am truly living my life for me and no one else. I am living my dream. I am excited for the future and what and who it will bring. Life is mysterious and beautiful and these precious moments are unfolding just as they should.

After I drank the juice, my coconut man offered to carve some of the meat out, so I ate some of that too. So amazing. He pointed to the lemongrass and citronella, growing at my feet. God, I love this island.

My other experience this week was going to an absolutely beautiful and luxurious wedding. I will post pictures in a bit. The Balinese bride looked like a princess. The music was great. The offerings to the gods were plentiful. Fruit, cakes, meat, flowers. Stunning. I tried Betelnut ( of the cava family ) and it turned my mouth red. I also ate a porcupine satay. Porcupine? Yes. Like kobe beef. Wonderful, tender, flavorful.....

I have to go finish packing now. It's sunny and beautiful today. The Balinese calendar even says the 28th is a good day to make a home :)

A huge thank you to everyone who is reading. Thank you for your support, love and words of encouragement. I appreciate every single person who is reading. Thank you ❤ And to my close friends, you know who you are....... You are in my thoughts and heart always, wherever I go. Love you guys so much.

Peace, Love, Foundation, Family.

Lots of Love, Kate

1 comment: