Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day to Me ❤

I started a song-a-day post...... and I've missed the last two days..... so will be starting that tomorrow. Fail on my part, but hey, I'm winning in other ways. Such as seriously loving myself.

I've been feeling a bit lonely this week.... not for friends.... but for some love. With Valentines Day right around the corner ( barf ), us single people can't help but feel, well.... single. Instead of thinking of this as a bad thing, which it is so very not, I am embracing my awesomeness and treating myself like gold. A reminder that we should be doing this in small ways, every day.

Well today I dedicated to myself, as it is International Happy Day and also Kuningan ( the 10th day of the Balinese Gulangan holiday ), what better way to celebrate the number one person in my life. Me!

I filled up the motorbike with gas which was $2 and headed north to explore the outskirts of beautiful Ubud. Rolling hills, epic green rice fields and thousands of palm trees as far as the eye can see.

Afterwards, I treated myself for lunch at Dayu Warung which is on Jalan Sugriwa, which is a new little restaurant in Ubud. Totally organic and totally delicious. I had the Coconut Gamasio Salad which was filled with veggies and slices of avocado and shredded coconut with a tangy sesame dressing. Absolutely amazing. This was 25,000 rupiah. Less than 3 dollars.

Also on the menu: Pumpkin Soup.. pumpkin, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and pumpkin seeds. Dayu Warung also does catering, takeout and delivery. This place will be popular. Check it out if you come to Ubud :)

Afterwards.... an hour long full body Balinese massage with frangipani oil at Ayu Spa off Jalan Hanoman. Absolutely one of the best massages I have had in a while. I need to make this a weekly thing! There is no excuse when it costs only 60,000 rupiah = around $6.

The price for loving myself and treating myself like the goddess I am on one of the most beautiful and magical islands in the world?

Absolutely priceless :)


Dayu Warung - Sugriwa Street 28X, Ubud, Bali
                       - 081 936 203 001

No comments:

Post a Comment