Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Leap Year 2012 - Rainbows, Hiphop and SUCCESS




I remember the last leap year in 2008. I was living on 11th and Birch in Vancouver. It was a Friday evening around 7pm and I had my weekly DJing gig at Republic that night. Looking out the window, it was gray and rainy. Typical vancouver, right? Nope, things changed for the better within a few minutes. The sky cleared just as the sun was setting. With rain drops still in the air..... out came a rainbow. It was pure magic. I smiled and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Life is a delicate balance of good and bad. Light and dark. as people..... we experience a rainbow of emotions and feelings. Everything comes in seasons and cycles. The universe is a receptive, working machine. The sun rises and the sun sets. After darkness, comes light. The planets aline and we get 366 days this year. It's a special year. Embrace it. Use it. Don't waste another moment and live the life you want to live. Live it for yourself and no one else. Everything else is just chatter. Only you stop yourself from achieving your dreams and following your bliss. So stop it and start acting towards the life you want to create for yourself :)

After the rains and the gray, comes the sunshine. And if you're lucky, you get to see the beauty of both, when mother nature decides to show you how beautiful life is in the form of a rainbow ❤

4 years later, and wow how my life has changed. And it's only really changed drastically in 3 months. Losing that office job and that dude who was so wrong for me was such a blessing! I am so incredibly happy now. It's been difficult starting a life somewhere else, when I have grown up somewhere and stayed there all my life ( traveling a LOT, since a young age though ), it's been a bit of a challenge, but I am slowly making friends.

Piece by piece it is coming together. The apartment..... the scooter.... my new homies. I went out with them last night and saw some live music. The best. Classic and reggae covers at the local Napi Orti in Ubud. Super cool place. A mix of locals, expats and people on a vacation. Really cool.

I know the life I want to create for myself. I'm not done yet. I want to build a house here. I want a pool. I want to create this success and money myself, and I will. I have a LOT of work to do. I've been listening to SUCCESS mp3's at the gym...... really giving me the paradigm shift that I need to really engage all parts of my life, and make shit happen. I've forgiven the past and am living for right now. I'm grateful and appreciative for everything in my life. I am proud of myself and take time to love myself everyday.

Hope everyone has a fantastic last day of February. Bring it on, March! Embrace NOW. Live your dreams.

Peace + Light
Love, Kate


p.s. I've been on a hiphop kick in the mornings. Best way to start the day. This is what's on repeat right now..... So good. Below, the vid.... my new Balinese homies, Edy and Abu! :)










3 comments:

  1. i like your style, Kate. Congrats on your new found lifestyle.. it sounds like it's really clicking! i dropped everything and moved to Guadalajara 4 months ago.. I am now going through a bit of a change down here, but the move was worth it. I too was sick of the 9 - 5 rat race. anyways talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Kate Kate! Are you speaking indo yet? Go swim with a wild dolphin please muah ! Dreamcatcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love YOU, dreamcatcher!! Come visit me :))))

    Jordan... from Kits? Very cool!! Guadalajara eh? Wow, that's a huge change! Good for you! Are you working there or retired? Ha! Nice to hear from you xx

    ReplyDelete