Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 March 2012

2012 Bali Spirit Festival Pre-Fest Concert in Sanur

Hello Friends, Followers and Stalkers,

Latest News: I'm working with the Bali Spirit Festival as one of the bloggers for the nighttime concert series. VERY stoked on this. Music + Writing. I'm on the right track, baby. I was born this way.

I might also have the flashy title of "Stage Manager". Think Chris Farley in the first Wayne's World. Firm stance. Arms crossed. Occasional nods. Watch-glancing. Kicking ass.

Nothing in stone, yet. But if you know me, you know I'm persistent.

Below is my blog entry from the Bali Spirit Festival blog I posted this morning. I am SO excited for the festival. My bestie will be here with me and taking photos at the festival too. It's going to be a magic week of yoga, music and LOVE.

Put out the love. Receive the love. It's an easy concept and god, it works.



Well the 2012 Bali Spirit Festival kicked off last night in Sanur at Antida’s beautiful outdoor venue. The line-up: The Silver Pesos, Nakho & Medicine for the People, Supa Kalulu, Nuzan Tara Project, Cambodian Space Project, Vieux Cissokho & Hamanah, Puch Collective. First impressions upon arrival? So many dreadlocks. Yeah, yeah, I’m new to Ubud. This is all new and exciting for me.

The night started off tame with people chatting and enjoying the beautiful spread of food. The middle portion of the concert was grounding. Whole. Centered. Loving. Open. At one point, I saw Ganesh in a plant. The last portion of the evening ended with full-blown feather-twirling foot-stomping arms-pumping hippy goodness. I can say with a huge smile on my face, I danced my ass off last night. Nakho & Medicine for the People and Silver Pesos were by far my favorite. What talent!

Is there anything better than closing your eyes, moving your body and surrendering everything to the rhythm of a beat? I think not. If this is anything like what the actual festival concert series will be like, we’re in for a ride kids! I am so excited, honored and proud to be a part of the 2012 Bali Spirit Festival. Welcome to the 2012 festival. This is going to be amazing. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment