Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Ubud - Rumah Rhoda on Jalan Kajeng

Rumah Roda. The homestay / restaurant owned by the family who are featured in the book "A Little Bit One o'Clock". I am totally a regular here. Darta is high-energy and remembers everything. The girls are adorable. The guy I spoke of in my last blog post, the one I ate KFC with in the parking lot after getting a flat tire.... that's Biyu, Darta's nephew. Such a lovely family.

My favorite thing off the menu is the Gado Gado. It is soooo good and only 20,000 rupiah! $2. Huge portion of steamed greens, the most delicious tempe, sauteed tofu covered in some peanut sauce love. I eat it 3 times a week, at least. They know me here. And the owner just invited me to a Balinese "tooth-filing" on April 7th. Sweet!!

Other than the absolutely incredible gado gado, is the banana pancake. My god, it is so good. Caramelized banana wrapped in a soft and thin rice-flour pancake. Really more of a crepe. It's rolled and then sprinkled with grated coconut and drizzled with palm sugar syrup. Not an everyday indulgence, but definitely a treat for my Saturday mornings.

Rumah Rhoda has the cheapest menu I have seen. The portions are generous. The food is delicious and always consistent. Sunday evenings they do a buffet for 35,000 rupiah. So about $4. Comfortable cushion seating and tables too. Wifi. I love this place!

Open daily. Up Jalan Kajeng, next to Threads of Life.

http://rumahroda.com/homestay.html

http://rumahroda.com/oneoclock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment