Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Healing Heat and Holistic Happiness




I spent the day at the Mount Batur Hot Springs yesterday. My Canadian pro-blogger friend, 2 silly Germans and I hired a driver and left shortly after 10am. A beautiful and flawless sunny day.

Mount Batur, which wiped out the surrounding village of Kintamani in 1964, is now a rebuilt and flourishing farmland. There are quite a few hot springs located around the still active volcano, but "Batur Hot Springs" is the "only healing hot spring" in Bali. Basically the pools are carved out of lava rock, and the water is 100% from the spring.

The fee to enter is 100,000 rupiah. You are given a towel, shampoo, a welcome drink ( I got fresh-squeezed Tamarind juice ) and a fried banana ( delicious ). There is also a swim-up bar that offers ice cold Bintangs, soft drinks and fresh juices. So not completely natural, but well worth the added addition.

There are occasionally yoga classes and special ceremonies that take place in the pools as well. I will have to be notified of the next event, so I can go check it out. I will definitely be going back very soon :)




www.baturhotsprings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment