Total Pageviews

Friday 8 June 2012

Paul Simon, Graceland and The Good Life

It's just before noon. Cloudy and chilly outside. I've had a really, really nice morning so I thought I would share it with you, just in case you're taking life a little too seriously and you need a gentle love slap in the face. Life is good. Like really good. If you're reading this, you better be grateful right now. You're alive. Say thanks right now, for that.

The sun was out before and was shining through the windows. I had a shower and wrapped myself in a clean towel. Jazz / Folk Music Channel on the tv. Had my coffee. Got out all my ingredients for the best breakfast ever. Garlic, onion, potato, eggs, cheese, cilantro. It feels SO GOOD to be cooking again. After not having a kitchen for 5 months in Bali, I am totally never letting that happen ever again. Cooking is too beautiful, too enjoyable. There is something so simple and enjoyable about chopping garlic and dropping in into a pan of warm olive oil, and hearing and smelling what develops. Especially with music. It's one of those pure, simple pleasures that money can't buy.

As I chopped and cooked, Paul Simon - Graceland, came on the music channel. This is one of those songs that is probably one of the best songs in history. For me, it stirs up all sorts of beautiful loving memories of my Dad and being a little girl on Saturday mornings. Saturday mornings meant pancakes at my house growing up, and my Dad always had the best tunes to accompany the smells that filled the warm house. Lots of Paul Simon, Traveling Wilburries, Bruce Springsteen. I can listen to any of the songs below and they literally bring me right back to being a little girl and cooking pancakes with my Dad.

On that note. Take a moment to listen to a song that stirs up a beautiful memory within you. Cook something. Look at the sky and just revel in the fact that you are alive, and man, life is good. It's so good.

But I've reason to believe We both will be received In Graceland ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment