Total Pageviews

Monday 26 December 2011

Mid-afternoon Update in Ubud

Hello!

I have arrived safely in Ubud. My contact here is MIA ( island time ), so I am passing the time until I hear from him at a German restaurant with a huge bottle of water and a package of clove cigarettes. I know, I should quit. They are just so good. The last bus back to Kuta leaves at 5pm. I definitely won't be on it. I have connected with another friend, Bop, a friend of my friend Claire, and will take him out for big dinner later and then sleep on his couch tonight. Thanks, Bop! I'm living like a total pirate gypsy today. Why make plans when you can just go?

This restaurant is next to a beautiful zen garden with a pond with pink lilies growing in it. Very beautiful. There is also a lime tree, a few coconut palms and what appears to be a pomelo tree. Every so often, a large black butterfly floats past. That combined with the trickling water sounds coming from the two fountains next to the pond, I am pretty relaxed.

I haven't seen any crazy hippies yet, but the day is just beginning. Meeting Bop at the Ubud market at 6pm. Looking forward to spending the night in Ubud!

No comments:

Post a Comment