Total Pageviews

Monday 26 December 2011

Off to Ubud

It's 10:30am on Monday. Boxing Day in Bali. I'm catching the 11am bus to Ubud, which is 70,000 Rupiah one way. That's the equivalent of about $7 CAD. I've got a DJ gig in Ubud this weekend, and the owner of the establishment has kindly invited me to have lunch today with him and his family and friends. Judging by the map he has sent me, it looks like he lives on quite a large property. I am touched by his offer and am so looking forward to the new people I will meet today.

The hugely successful book / movie "Eat, Pray, Love" takes place in Ubud. I am told that it is incredibly green and lush, almost jungle-like. It is also the arts and cultural center of Bali and home of the famous "Monkey Forest". I'm imagining all the usual hippie stereotypes: bare feet with anklets, dreadlocks with beads, tanned vegan bodies and drum circles everywhere. I love it. Very excited.

I caught the tail-end of the movie "A New World" last night, with Colin Farrell. He plays a pirate who makes a home for himself amongst a tribe of "new world" people. A part of me wishes I had lived in that era. In past lives, I probably have. Fur clothing, feathers in the hair, body piercings and ceremonial tattoo's. A part of this world is part of that tribe.

Time to order a quick breaky and catch my bus. Onto the next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment