Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 January 2012

A Health Kick at Bumbu Bali Restaurant in Ubud

Just off Jalan Raya, Bumbu Bali is a Balinese, Indian and Vegetarian restaurant. I've just ordered a Honeydew Melon and Coconut juice, which I can hear being blended up in the kitchen as I write this. I've also ordered the Super B Salad, which will hopefully somehow counteract the effects of all the Nasi Goreng I've been eating. This menu is more Indian / Balinese than traditional Balinese, but delicious is a universal language, isn't it?

The Super B Salad: "A real vitamin boost. Avocado, red peppers, mushrooms, prunes, banana, cashew, parsley, tofu, wheat germ, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds on a bed of mixed greens."

This sounds spectacularly delicious and absolutely bursting with health, doesn't it? I will let you know how it is :)   The Honeydew / Coconut juice is amazing. So fresh, so sweet, so refreshing.

Other items on the menu to make your mouth water: Strawberry and Banana Juice with Cinnamon, Rosewater and Cardamom Lassie, Gingered Pumpkin Soup with apple and cranberry chutney, Tuna Sambal Matah: Grilled fish topped with chopped chillies, shallots, lemon grass and ginger served on yellow rice with Lawar ( vegetables )

My salad has arrived. I take my first bite..... pure flavor and pure health. Yes! Really, really good with the banana and sesame seeds. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment