Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2012

Goodbye Bali - Hello Perth!! ❤

Seeing as I have one month before my DJing gig starts in Singapore, I've decided to shake things up and head South to Australia. I've got a few friends down there, and the potential to make some money, which as I have mentioned in past posts is very difficult in Bali, with work permits and such.

I fly out of Indonesia tomorrow, Friday June 1st, and arrive on the beautiful West Coast of Perth, Australia late tomorrow night. I am very excited, not just to explore and experience a part of the world I've never seen, but to chill with those super cool people also know as "Aussie's"!

My new blog is in the process of being set-up, so for the time being I will blog my Perth adventures on here. I've just contacted Perth Tourism, as well as Tourism Australia, to set-up some cool destinations and trips for the month. If you know anyone in Perth who I could meet up with, send them my way ( or send me their way ). I love meeting new people and finding out about their lives and backgrounds. So very excited for this new chapter in Australia!

When I was 19 years old, a packed up from Vancouver and left for the East coast of Australia. All I had was my plane ticket and a huge backpack and I bravely boarded the plane, not knowing where I was going or where I was going to stay. I ended up staying for 8 months, spending 3 months living in a tent in Byron Bay, picking fruit in Bundaberg, to nannying at a 5 star hotel on the beautiful and famous Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday Islands on The Great Barrier Reef. It was an adventure that changed me and shaped me, molding me into a stronger and somehow much wiser 19 year old.

A decade has passed and here I am again, spreading my wings and embracing the unknown. Buying tickets to destinations and not having any plans. But that is what truly makes life exciting and that is what makes life worth living. All you need is a plane ticket and to make sure you make it to your gate on time. That's where the magic happens. Through time, space, sunrises and sunsets, you are transported into a new part of the world. Air travel. Often taken for granted, yet truly one of the most incredible inventions of mankind.

I have my incredible parents to thank for giving me the wonderful gift of "travel" and instilling airport-confidence in me from a very young age. I'm pretty sure my parents sent me on my first flight when I was 7 years old, traveling as an "Unaccompanied Minor" or "Unaccompanied Monster", as my Mum used to say. Mum, please confirm how old I was ;)   She said, "Just connect the numbers and letters on the ticket with the screen and go! Ask anyone if you get lost." And it really is that easy!

Australia and Singapore will be a new adventure and I plan to share all of it with you, whoever you are and wherever you may live in this beautiful world. I am here to inspire and to create. There is SO much of the world to see, and I feel in my heart it is my passion in life to experience it and share it on this creative platform, known as an internet blog.

I still plan to buy land and build a house in Bali, but as far as 'career plans' go..... I've got some tricks up my sleeve, so don't plan on me retiring or settling down anytime soon! So many countries to see!!

On that note....... Take chances. Don't plan. Ok, plan a bit. Don't forget your passport. Go to the right gate. Sit back. Order a wine. Put on a song. Look out the window. Smile. And say "Thank you". Every day.

If you're unhappy, change it! Time is wasting, so instead of envying other people's lives, create your own incredible life. If you are not living a life you LOVE, the only person's time you are wasting is your OWN.

Focus on your dreams and move towards them, whatever or WHEREVER they may be ❤

And remember, in the words of Tony Robbins: "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. If you don't have any dreams, you have nothing. "

Love to all. Bye for now, Bali. Hello Australia!

XO Kate




3 comments:

  1. I think you were more like nine years old when you first flew solo.
    Signed, your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mum ;) I was going to say five years old. Ha!! LOVE YOU XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking to spend their holidays in perfect manner, then byron bay fulfill your needs. Accommodation byron bay provides all types of accommodation facilities that you required during their holiday vacations.
    5 star accommodation byron bay

    ReplyDelete