Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness

As you may know, I really really love taking photos and over the years I've taken quite a few that I am very proud of. Never having any formal photography training, I learned about light and setting up a shot mostly from my Dad, who worked as a very successful Art Director in Commercial and Print campaigns in Canada. I remember he was always arranging things on the table when we would go out for dinner and then taking photos of them. He still does this. Love you, Dad. Thanks for teaching me how to make small adjustments to create the perfect shot.

I find such happiness in seeing a "great shot." I find such a simple pleasure in looking for that perfect bit of light, and then focusing on the subject and clicking the shutter to capture that beautiful moment in time. What makes you happy? Is this your job? Could it be your job?

In 2013, I plan to really invest more time into doing creative shoots and networking to further market myself as a photographer. Yes, it's a VERY competitive business. But you know what? Whatever you choose in life to do, there will most likely be a lot of other people trying to do it too. So you might as well just give it all you've got, be a great person, and do a great job.

I'm really starting to build my Facebook Page, so if you like it and you enjoy my photos, please take a moment to like or share it. Thanks so much! www.facebook.com/cahyophotography





















No comments:

Post a Comment