Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 March 2013

DJ Residency at Shangri-La in the Maldives

If you follow my blog, but I don't have you on Facebook, I have some really exciting news to share / announce!! :)   This is a copy / paste of what I put on my Facebook. Fly in 36 hours, so I have tons to do! Enjoy xx DREAMS do come TRUE! Always vibrate at a level of love and gratitude :)


"Alright, it's been 20 days in the works and now I can finally say it's REAL. I've accepted a DJ Residency at The One and Only Shangri-La in the Maldives. I fly out Sunday night and start work on Monday. It's a three month contract and absolutely a dream come true. 

I had an Eat Pray Love moment a few months ago in France, lost and confused, I didn't know where to go next or what to do. One very windy afternoon, I went for a walk through the countryside. For hours and hours I walked. I asked the universe. I kept repeating "Maldives, Maldives, Maldives." I repeated positive mantras and tried to vibrate my energy at an all time high. Nothing happened. I came to Australia, where I have been living with my beautiful friends here for the past two months.

They say that only once you feel truly happy in the moment, can the universe send new things into your life. Well I'm happy here, really happy. It's a beautiful house with truly beautiful people in it. Lemon trees in the backyard and windchimes in the breeze. We live quite close to the airport, and a few nights before I received this big news ( Needless to say, I got covered in goosebumps when I received the message ) there was a huge wind storm. All of the planes got re-routed, and it seemed they flew right over our house. Being the traveler I am, this experience was very grounding. Literally. I felt very on the ground. And started to reflect on it. Wishing I was in the sky. To be between time zones and floating in the clouds. That is where I love to be.

I started a Gratitude Journal about a month ago. Every night before bed, I write down 5 things I am grateful for. Usually they are really simple things. Tonight it is a nourishing salad for dinner and going to bed with clean sheets. Other nights, I was thankful that I was tired or that I had a not so good day. It helped me to see the true beauty in each moment. "Every moment is the guru." ***** I pause for a moment and take a breath ***** I am truly living in the moment. So grateful for every breath. Every blessing. And now I'm heading to absolute paradise to play music for the next three months.

I'm trying not to let the idea of private jets and yachts and private jungle dinners go to my head. I'm more excited to swim with turtles every day and say hello and touch every single one of the 17,000 palm trees that is on the island and just BE. To breathe deep and look at the stars and feel love in my heart. Truly. For myself and every single thing and person in this magnificent universe. Life is truly so amazing. It truly is.

This ridiculous once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is the absolute trifecta of awesomeness beyond my wildest imagination and dreams. To be associated with the Shangri-La and it's level of prestige is an honor and a blessing. I can't wait to find out who the universe brings into my life. All the amazing people I will meet. I love simple moments, priceless moments that reflect all the beauty in the world and in people. I also really really love luxury ;)

And so I go to sleep now. This dream is real. With clean sheets and cricket sounds and hearing planes pass by in the night sky... I will dream. And I will fall asleep with so much absolute love and gratitude for every moment. So much gratitude for all the amazing supportive friends in my life. Gratitude for my angels. You listened. I love you. Lastly to my angel and great friend Stella, for suggesting the Maldives back in September, manifesting a contact out of thin air and closing the deal for me. Pure gratitude for all the beautiful moments to come ♥ EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!! ;) "





www.shangri-la.com/male/villingiliresort

www.shangri-la.com/male/villingiliresort

www.shangri-la.com/male/villingiliresort

www.shangri-la.com/male/villingiliresort

1 comment:

  1. They say that only once you feel truly happy in the moment, can the universe send new things into your life. Well I'm happy here, really happy. It's a beautiful house with truly beautiful people in it. Lemon trees in the backyard and windchimes in the breeze. pakistani designer suits , pakistani designer lawn , lawn dresses stitching designs , buy lawn suits online , pakistani lawn brands , lawn dress design , suiting brands in pakistan , lawn fabric online We live quite close to the airport, and a few nights before I received this big news ( Needless to say, I got covered in goosebumps when I received the message ) there was a huge wind storm. All of the planes got re-routed, and it seemed they flew right over our house. Being the traveler I am, this experience was very grounding. Literally. I felt very on the ground. And started to reflect on it. Wishing I was in the sky. To be between time zones and floating in the clouds. That is where I love to be.

    ReplyDelete