Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 March 2013

Spirulina, Coconut Oil, Rosehip Oil and Baking Soda - A Natural Beauty Routine

What do all these things have in common? Yes, they all come from the earth. But how are they used for beauty and wellness?

As the world is shifting back to a more natural way of living with community farms and a growing number of green / organic / natural products on the shelves, you can't deny that not only is there a huge market for this, but also that they might actually just be better for you.

For a long time, I have wanted to incorporate a more natural way of living into my life. But like anything in life, it cannot become a part of your life, unless you do it everyday.

Spirulina. I've raved a few times about this on my Facebook. I've been taking it for about a month, sometimes blended into a smoothie, or sometimes straight. The colour and density of even the smallest amount is actually incredible. Light doesn't even penetrate it if you hold a glass of it up to a lamp or daylight. This is one super dense super food. 

What do I feel? After a month of daily use of spirulina, I can honestly say I feel the benefits, hugely. Not only do I feel way more energetic and alive, but I feel so much more focused and sharp. My mind feels much more clear. I feel tiger-like. Like I am hunting, all the time. Thoughts come and go, but they somehow feel more pure and *sharp*. So this one-celled super algae can stay. I'm a believer. Spirulina for life. 

I'm sure there are lots of different grades and brands, but I have been using the Lifestream brand, which was $100AUS for about 500gr. I later realised you can buy huge bags of it online for much cheaper, so I plan to do that for next time. If you choose to start taking this, please let me know how your adventure with spirulina goes!


Mmmmmm super green nutrients that taste like dirt..... and work!

Coconut Oil - Oil of Gods and Goddesses! Brought to you by Nature

We all have heard about the miraculous benefits of coconut oil. Coined "Nature's perfect food", coconut oil has a very colourful resume. Not only can you cook with it, but you can use it an make-up remover, massage oil, lube ( ooh la la! ) and it is even a natural sunblock. In fact, most commercial sunscreens first had the ingredient of coconut oil, which was used for it's sun-protecting properties. Coconut oil has also been speculated in the treatment of neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, but this like many things, is a debatable subject. 


Personally, I've replaced cooking oils with coconut oil. I baked yam fries the other night and dressed them with coconut oil and some sea salt. Amazing. My other use for it is my hair. After I shampoo and condition, I work a small amount through the hair ( I have a lot of hair and I don't need much at all ) and let it dry. Indian women have been using coconut oil in their hair for centuries. It works! Also, it seems to add a really great protective layer when I straighten my hair, better than any serum I've tried. Also sticking with this product for life. And like spirulina, you can buy online in bulk amounts.


Not an advertisement, although they should sponsor me. So far, so good!

Next up is Rosehip Oil. I met a woman while I was living in Singapore and she had the most soft and supple looking skin. She told me her secret. Rosehip Oil. This woman was 40 years old and seriously had the skin of a 17 year old. Dewy and totally smooth. Miranda Kerr ( model ) talked about using Rosehip Oil in Australia and very quickly stores were sold out of it. I've only been using it for a week, but my skin already seems to be looking even more even-toned. And I am one of the lucky ones who already has great skin. I'm really looking forward to how it will look in 3 months and then 3 years. The photo above is of Trilogy Rosehip Oil, and this is the brand I am using.

Baking soda to get your pearlie whites, really white. Naturally. 
Baking soda. You bake with it and scrub your coffee pot with it. But you can use it for your teeth? Yes. It's nature's tooth whitener! I sprinkle a generous amount on my brush each day with a bit of toothpaste and scrub away. My teeth are looking sparkly! And trust me, I love my coffee.

That's all for now. I'm sticking with beautiful gifts from nature! The way she intended! 

XO Kate





8 comments:

  1. Who ever said nature was a she? :p
    I have heard some stuff about spirulina, so ill have to check it out for sure now.
    thanks bali chick! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother Nature and Father Universe!! But maybe it's the other way around ;) You're welcome! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I want to change the brand of spirulina I'm using. Some recommended this spirulina, any thoughts? Or maybe, I should try Lifestream insdteas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Above given information are useful for health.You have really helped several of individuals like me, who have been searching internet from past quite a long time to find detailed information on this particular topic.
    For more information visit at Spirulina
    www.hawthornhealth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-patiala.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-barmer.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-chennai.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-bikaner.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-ajmer.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-bulandshahr.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-sirsa.html
    http://www.modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-baghpat.html
    http://modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-delhi.html
    http://modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-bangalore.html
    http://modipackersandmovers.com/packers-and-movers-gurgaon.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure there are lots of different grades and brands, but I have been using the Lifestream brand, which was $100AUS for about 500gr. I later realised you can buy huge bags of it online for much cheaper, so I plan to do that for next time. If you choose to start taking this, please let me know how your adventure with spirulina goes! vintage pendant necklace , handmade dress shoes , pakistani anklets , embroidered potli bags , black embroidered belt , best women's belts for jeans , belts for your boots , latest gold bangles design

    ReplyDelete